Part 2 Deck Stripping
Benefits of Deck Stripping
- Will help to remove grease, old semitransparent stains on the deck.
- The deck will look more even
- Ensures the maintenance is more effective by not putting a good product on top of a product that has failed
- Ever tried painting with grease spots on a wall? It won’t stick. Same is true if you try and stain on top of an old stain. The new stain cannot penetrate to protect the wood.
What is a deck stripping service?
Is a harsh chemical that is applied to a deck by spray to remove previous semitransparent stains. All plants and siding is protected. The last step involves neutralizing after
the stripping to ensure the chemical does not remain in your deck and eat away at the new preservative.
Why would I need my deck stripped?
- If you have an existing semitransparent stain (you see the grain of the wood). And want a different color.
- Your current stain has warn unevenly and you want to apply the same color!