12 point Deck Evaluation
It all starts HERE
Fall in LOVE with your deck, all over again!
All of the information that we gather will be taken into account so that we are able to give YOU an assessment with YOUR best options for caring for YOUR deck. Not all decks are the same, and they cannot all be cared for the same way.
1. Amount of sun– If your deck is in a shady area, or North-facing it’s chances of growing algae and mold are much higher.
2. Tree canopy– If the trees in the area hang over the deck it may not get enough sunshine to be able to dry appropriately and will likely grow mold.
6. Is the deck on the ground or above the ground– Can the wood breathe when it gets wet or does it stay wet?
8. Age of the wood– Pressure-treated wood impregnated with chromatid copper arsenate (CCA) – often with a greenish tint – was widely used for decks and porches prior to its being discontinued for residential use in 2003-2004. Since treated wood has a long lifespan, there is still plenty of CCA pressure-treated wood surrounding residences, prompting caution due to its arsenic content.
9. Has the deck seen any previous stains or seals?- Once we know what products have been previously used on the deck, we are able to let
you know what options you have as far as picking products to use in the future.